This Classic Eggnog recipe is a favourite the world over. It's a tried and tested traditional eggnog recipe that is a festive occasio...
This Classic Eggnog recipe is a favourite the world over. It's a tried and tested traditional eggnog recipe that is a festive occasion must.
- 6 eggs (separate whites and yolks)
- 600ml thickened cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until creamy then add vanilla and nutmeg and continue beating for a further minute.
- Place this mixture aside in a second large bowl beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks and then fold in the yolk mixture. Add the cream and milk gradually and continue folding in then start to add the brandy and rum a little at a time, stirring all the time until well mixed.
- Can be served immediately or left to refrigerate if you prefer it chilled. If you refrigerate make sure to mix it again before serving. Sprinkle with nutmeg to taste.